As a result of the help and donations from volunteers and other community members, our fundraisers were more successful than we could have imagined. Through this blog, we will keep you updated on our journey as we put all of your donations to good use.



Wednesday, September 26

Worth Living

As I sift through all my pictures to update Facebook and the blogs it sends me down memory lane. I can hear baby Donny's clapping hands, Sophie's sweet voice, the rumbling of the lorry's on the road. I can smell the meat cooking, fresh sea breeze and garbage burning. I can feel sickness in my throat and gut, happiness as Babu mumbles a story about his village and a deep purpose for this life I was given. It puts a knot in my gut that I can't seem to shake. As I move on with life here in the states this feeling will sneak up every once and a while but I just learn to live with it.

Many people go through life too afraid to risk loving because of the hurt that could come. I've had my heart broken but I survived. I think many people avoid traveling or getting to know new people because its too big of a risk. The more people you love the more risk there is they can hurt you. Risking that hurt is what makes life worth living. That knot is what reminds me that I'm alive.
-Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment