As a result of the help and donations from volunteers and other community members, our fundraisers were more successful than we could have imagined. Through this blog, we will keep you updated on our journey as we put all of your donations to good use.



Wednesday, November 10

Off to Maui

Hello again TEP supporters! It’s great to be writing another blog update. As Cassie told you all I fell very ill in Tanzania and had to be rushed home one month short and my other trip to Madagascar was canceled. Between having Malaria twice, a bacterial infection and the stress from Bibi’s death it became too much for my body to handle. That was a very stressful time for all my friends and family so I appreciate all the consideration and support.

It was very upsetting to have to leave early. All I could think about were my students and how much I would miss teaching them as well as the family I had been adopted into. Coming home early and all the stress that I put on my loved ones with this illness has been some of the most difficult things I have ever had to deal with. However, I am a firm believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason, even though I can’t see the reason now I know someday it will all make sense.

I have fully recovered now and although my trip was cut short I haven’t let it get me down. My dream has always been to do research in or around the ocean so instead of doing it in Madagascar I will be shipping out to Maui in one week to look for jobs.

Even though I will be miles away I still plan on being very involved with TEP. Im excited to throw fundraisers in Maui and get the local community involved there. I feel so honored to be a part of this organization and I cannot wait to watch it grow. I am so proud of the work that we did and the lives that we have impacted. Thanks again to everyone for the prayers, wishes and continued support.



All the best,

Teresa O’Neill

No comments:

Post a Comment