As a result of the help and donations from volunteers and other community members, our fundraisers were more successful than we could have imagined. Through this blog, we will keep you updated on our journey as we put all of your donations to good use.



Wednesday, June 13

Christmas Morning 6/13/12


Christmas Morning 6/13/12

A few days ago, I went to the stationary shop. I went there just to see how it was doing, what it looked like, and who was running it. The shop was doing well; they had a lot of books, pens, pencils, a computer to type, print, copy, and also a lot of trinket goodies. I was looking through a few of the books at saw a lot from churches in Waupun, the schools in beaver dam such as UCPS, the elementary school and saw some from the high school also. I then saw a book that had my own name on it!!! It was awesome to see!! It made me feel so good that my childhood books were going to children and families in Africa. If I still had these books in America, they would just be sitting in a box in the basement or had been thrown away. The fact that they were being used by someone else was so awesome to know. 
 
Today, we, as in Cassie and I, went through a lot of the books in the library. I found two more books that had my name on them! One was a book I remember vividly remember reading as a child. It was a book that about the three little bears and it had valcroue bears that could be used throughout the book. Another book was one that I had gotten as a gift from my Uncle Larry and Aunt Lisa as it had a little note in the book. How awesome to know the books that were donated are actually being used by the students on a regular basis and bringing joy to students lives. These students do not have nor get gifts very often.

We also brought a few books back to the house to give the children that live around the house where I live. Their faces lit up! It was like Christmas morning to them as none of the students own a single book. How sad is that? Seeing the children read and look through all the books made me feel so good that the Beaver Dam and surrounding communities are making such a different to children in Tanzania.

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment