As a result of the help and donations from volunteers and other community members, our fundraisers were more successful than we could have imagined. Through this blog, we will keep you updated on our journey as we put all of your donations to good use.



Thursday, January 13

A New Face To the Team

Hello, TEP world! Carrie, here. This is my first time updating the TEP blog and I am excited to do so more often!

For the record, I don’t think Eileen gives herself enough credit (and I think other members of the crew would agree)! Eileen did a remarkable job organizing the Concert for Compassion here in the Chicago suburbs! We had a great turn out and was thrilled that so many people came out to support the TEP. Friends and family from near and far as well many new faces were incredibly generous and helped us raise funds to go towards our upcoming projects. Much thanks to all of the local business for their support as well as the bands who so generously donated their many talents- everyone had a lot of fun dancing and singing along, myself included! We are already in the beginning stages of planning a similar fundraiser to be held this summer after Eileen returns from Tanzania. I’m sure she’ll be leaving me a hefty to-do list!

We are all very excited for Eileen and Kristina as they prepare to make the journey in February. Time is going to fly and we have many things to do before February 15th rolls around, so please keep all of us – especially Eileen and Kristina- in your thoughts! We are still trying to raise more funds before as well as during their visit
and every little bit helps.

Referring back to Cassie’s post about sponsors for Father, one of the students in Tanzania, I hope that we can spread the word about this little guy’s great need for help. While I have never met Father myself, it’s hard not to become emotionally attached to the kid I hear so many great things about. He is an incredibly gifted child and deserves the help we could give him! Please spread the word!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment